Re: Installer for amd64?

you might consider the daily builds. i find amd64 is moving so fast
that its worth it. especially kernek 2.6.12 over 2.6.8. there was a huge
jump in hardware support, 2.6.14 seems to have some big jumps also, but
not as huge as 2.6.8 to 2.6.12

Dean

Jo Shields wrote:
Miro Dietiker, MD Systems wrote:

Hi there!

While googling around i see that there was an installer for amd64.
I need to install a Server (Tyan GT24, 64er Opteron - dualcore, dual
cpu)
Seems like the link everywhere shown is broken.
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/install-images/

Can anybody tell me how to get a stable amd64 port of debian from zero?

Thanks - Miro

| Miro Dietiker                 |  | MD Systems Miro Dietiker      |

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/sarge-amd64/ for "proper" sarge http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/ for sarge with 2.6.12 (better on some later kit)

--Jo Shields

--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au