Mozilla Thunderbird bug?

My PC used to run i386 Debian, and I have recently moved over to AMD64 port. I have noticed that Mozilla Thunderbird does not want to save a copy of an outgoing message to my Sent folder. I had the same config under i386 Debian using the same mail server (Cyrus-imap), and all was well.

After much searching, I have found that this is not a new bug, but has been around for quite a while.

I found that playing with the advanced settings in Thunderbird allowed me to save items in sent, but it did not see all my other folders in the imap tree.

Ideas anyone?

aF