Re: anybody got the working?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 05:59:16PM +0200, Giacomo Mulas wrote:
> 	Hello, I have an Asus A6000 laptop, on which I happily run
> the Debian sid amd64 port. I am trying to get a few peripherals to work
> in the 64 bit envirnoment, but I am stuck with the internal video camera
> (reported as a usb 2.0 ALi Corp.), the internal modem (it is claimed by
> the snd_intel8x0m, but how can I understand what the heck of a serial
> device it appears to be?) and the internal wireless LAN (reported as a
> Broadcom 4306). At least for the latter, I heard it can be gotten to work
> with ndiswrapper, but where can I get the Windows 64 bit driver for it?
> I would also love to be able to suspend to disk, but I hear that the
> nvidia driver does not permit this, any workarounds?

For the modem I am not sure but I have read something about sl-modem
being able to drive some software modems.

For example:
Package: sl-modem-daemon
Section: non-free/misc
Installed-Size: 932
Maintainer: Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: sl-modem
Version: 2.9.9a-1
Provides: slmodem
Depends: libasound2 (>> 1.0.8), libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), debconf, sl-modem-modules-new | sl-modem-source (>> 2.9.6-1) | kernel-image-2.6
Conflicts: sl-modem-modules
Filename: pool/non-free/s/sl-modem/sl-modem-daemon_2.9.9a-1_i386.deb
Size: 411974
MD5sum: 49d534d074636aff88dcdef62bc19e24
 The SmartLink modem daemon is the application part of the
 driver for recent modems produced by Smart Link Ltd.
 This package replaces (along with hardware access drivers) the old
 driver generation (2.7.x) which consisted of kernel modules only.
 It needs a kernel driver to access the hardware. This can be either
 recent ALSA (shipped with a newer kernel (>=2.6.4) with Alsa support
 and intel8x0m module) which is sufficient for basic operation and
 data/Internet connection, or the SmartLink kernel driver which is
 provided by separate packages which you can build using the source from
 the sl-modem-source package.

For the broadcom, after some searching I determined that apparently this
driver should work: broadcom-bcmwl564-ndis-amd64.tar.bz2 and I imagine a
google search could find whatever place I downloaded that one.

No clue on the camera.

> Please feel free to address me to appropriate web pages and/or mailing
> lists if I am posting in the wrong place...

Len Sorensen