Re: Re: AMD 64 Stability on Asus A8v Deluxe

Le 29.09.2005 17:52:30, Lennart Sorensen a écrit :
On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:43:25PM +0000, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
wrote:
> I've a 3500+ with twin 2x512k Corsair 3200C2.
> I've experienced some problems:
> I had an Antenc Sonata (380W PSU) and the PSU was not stable. It has

> been replaced with a SonataII with more power and stable PSU.
>
> I run the RAM 2.5-3-3-6 1T, I've had some problems reported by
> memtest86+ on one of the SIMM. During the tests, the problems
> disappeared...

I only have CL3 memory (didn't seem worth spending that much more on
CL2.5 memory).

So far the system has been absolutely stable running the bios memory
settings at auto.

Runs rather nice and fast too.

If you have a look in the real settings when set to auto, you will see that all the timing parameters are very relaxed.

A simple run of memtest will tell you the truth about these settings

Len Sorensen

Jean-Luc