Re: Which applications have been ported and will work?

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 06:38 -0400, Steve Dondley wrote:
> How can I determine which applications have been ported for AMD64 and
> work properly?  I read in the howto that:
>
> "There are 64bit related problems in approximately 200 packages, which
> result either in the package not building at all or simply segfaulting
> on startup. The latter problem should not show up too often, only in
> first releases of new upstream versions of some packages wich had the
> problem in the past. The vast majority of packages with known 64bit
> problems do not build at all."
>
> I'm looking to run a basic server with LAMP set up and Postfix.  I
> want to make sure I don't run into any problems.

Steve,

You should have any problems there.

Apache, Mysql and Perl/PHP are all available and works well under AMD64
(I'm running all of those on this development machine). I'm not sure
about Postfix though (shouldn't be a problem).

George Patterson