AMD64 howto for mere mortals

I'd like to write an amd64 howto for laypeople like me who don't have
a heavy duty computer science background and are best described as
"Debian dabblers."  In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be installing
amd64 on a new Opteron server I bought and I'd like to share my
experiences with the rest of the world.  My howto would be a "mere
mortal" type thing.  I've read the AMD64 howto but don't quite grasp
all of it.  It's more geared to the development community.

So if there is a more technically astute person would like to help me
contribute back to the community, please let me know.

--
Dondley Communications
http://www.dondleycommunications.com

Communicate or Die: American Labor Unions and the Internet
http://www.communicateordie.com