Re: qmail grrrrrrrrrrr

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 02:09:58PM +0200, trango wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I've had plenty of problems while installing my qmail+vpopmail server
> in athlon64, mostly because the only way i manage to install nice is
> via apt-get install qmail-src (not available in amd64). It was
> important to me to get it working so yesterday when i got my athlon64
> it was the first thing i got into just right after installation. After
> trying installing it djb-way i surrendered when i couldnt get vpopmail
> to compile and made the install in a 32bit chroot. Then I spent a long
> time to see how i could make a init script that started my
> qmail+vpopmail in the chroot. i made it. after that i started reading
> doc about amd64 and debian, so i found that stuff about the chroot,
> dchroot, the do_chroot script and so. And trying it I fucked up the
> /home partition in the chroot, so my vpopmail crashed and everything
> got bad.
> Has any of you managed to install qmail+vpopmail in 64bits? If someone
> has and can please tell me how you compiled vpopmail.
>
> thanks in advance

Try apt-get source -b qmail

I think both qmail and pine4 changed from having a x-src package to
having only a debian source package instead.

Although it appears that qmail-src on i386 says you must install it
first, which seems odd since that to me just means the package
maintainer didn't write the package properly to generate valid
preinst/postinst when it makes a package.  How weird.