Re: nvida driver is not working after reboot

Alexander Fieroch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> every time I reboot my computer (SID, kernel 2.6.13) xorg can not load
> the nvidia driver build with m-a.
> I have uninstalled the previously installed proprietary nvidia driver
> and build the nvidia driver with m-a. Then I've installed nvidia-glx and
> restarted gdm - xorg is working. After reboot the nvidia driver can not
> be loaded and xorg does not start but I can reinstall the previously
> build /usr/src/nvidia-kernel-2.6.13_1.0.7174-3_amd64.deb and xorg is
> working again.
> What's the problem?

I ran into this as well after a recent apt-get upgrade (sometime last
week, I believe).  I'm also running sid and the 2.6.13 kernel.  The
nvidia module is loaded according to lsmod, but for some reason Xorg
doesn't think it's there.

The only thing that seemed to help me is reinstalling the nvidia-kernel
package as well.  I believe something more subtle is going on...

Cheers,
tony