amaroK: No engine works

Hello list,

I've been dealing with a frustrating problem lately.
Since the last amaroK / GStreamer updates, no amaroK engine works for me at all.
Until these updates, at least GStreamer worked.
Versions are the latest available in unstable.

Curiously, only amaroK is causing trouble.
XMMS works fine with both ALSA and OSS plugin, xine plays videos perfectly, and I hear all those funny KDE system sounds, so I suppose arts is working, too.

Am I the only one having problems with amaroK?
Sometimes it crashes after selecting an engine, sometimes it appears to "hang", and it does not play a single note all of the time.

Any advice for me?

Thank you!
Johannes