Re: Debian Sid amd64 on a Compaq v2310us (status report)

On 9/20/05, Ken Bloom <kbloom@gmail.com> wrote:
I have previously posted to vox-tech@lists.lugod.org about attempts to
install Linux on my Turion64 based Compaq Presario v2310us laptop. I'm
posting this as a howto to both vox-tech, and also debian-amd64, so that
there should be an internet record of how to get a successful system
working.
Ken,
  thanks for your post. From the specs of your laptop, it's fairly similar to my Acer Aspire 5024,
  (which probably  explains why the acer wireless driver works ;)

  I have one open problem at the moment: I can't get the battery status to show. Did  you have to
 change anything to make that work, or are you using a preconfigured kernel ?

  TimT.