Re: Debian Sid amd64 on a Compaq v2310us (status report)

On 9/20/05, Ken Bloom <kbloom@gmail.com> wrote:
I have previously posted to vox-tech@lists.lugod.org about attempts to
install Linux on my Turion64 based Compaq Presario v2310us laptop. I'm
posting this as a howto to both vox-tech, and also debian-amd64, so that
there should be an internet record of how to get a successful system
  thanks for your post. From the specs of your laptop, it's fairly similar to my Acer Aspire 5024,
  (which probably  explains why the acer wireless driver works ;)

  I have one open problem at the moment: I can't get the battery status to show. Did  you have to
 change anything to make that work, or are you using a preconfigured kernel ?