Re: unreal tournament 2004

Dean Hamstead wrote:
> i did a clean install then untarbz2'd the 3355 patch and then cp -R *
> all its files into the /usr/local/games/ut2004 directory
>
> then in Xorg i jumped into a shell, went to
> /usr/local/games/ut2004/System and ran ut2004-bin-linux-amd64
>
> splash starts, screen goes black. computer reboots. most odd

That shouldn't happen. Even if your ut2004 installation is screwed up I
wouldn't expect it to be able to crash your machine. What video card do
you have, and what driver version?

If we can't figure out what's happening here, try asking on the ut2004
mailing list:
http://icculus.org/lgfaq/#ut2k4ml

Or, if you have an nvidia card, try the nvidia linux forum:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14

For what it's worth, I have ut2004 working fine, so there's not some
inherent problem with debian-amd64 and ut2004.

* debian-amd64 sid
* linux 2.6.13
* nvidia geforce 5900xt
* nvidia drivers version 1.0-7676