Re: Dupal Opteron on Sarge

MB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813186055 ($213)
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103511 ($695)
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145509 ($330)
HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822147007 ($367)
CASE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811165010 ($359)
VIDEO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125178 ($48)
TOTAL:  $2012 (add tax and shipping, of course - I don't know where you live ;)

that should hold you.  You can obviously add another 500GB hdd and
RAID them together if you really wanna terraserver for another $400,
but in my experience even 300 gigs will do you fine - I designed for
500 b/c you probably aren't the only user that's going to use this ;)

Anyways, that's my reccommendation - and it's just $12 over your
"ideal" price range.  That should hold you for a long time my friend.
A *very* long time...