installing the nvidia driver (nvidia-kernel-1.0.7174...)

First at all thank you for all your replies.

 Finally I did proceed following the next steps:

 - "m-a -t prepare"

 - "m-a -k /usr/src/linux a-i nvidia"

I compiled my kernel from source and its source is located at "/usr/src/linux". I'm using the 2.6.13.1 version.

The above instructions were completed successfully: the nvidia-kernel package was created and also it was installed without any problem. I run "modprobe nvidia" to make a test and it seems to work. Later I modified the "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" file:

 - I did comment the "GLCore" and "dri" lines
 - I change the driver to "nvidia"

But... when the "gdm" tries to run it throws an error. Into the XFree log file i found the following lines:

 (EE): Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
 (EE): No drivers availabe

What is happening? It sounds strange because i can load the module running modprobe... :-(

Now i'm writing from a i386 Debian Sid and the XF86Config-4 files is exactly equal to the file which i'm using in the amd64 version.

 Thanks in advance...