frustration at missing packages

It's frustrating that quite a lot of packages are not available on
amd64, particularly when it's simply because the maintainer has not
applied a patch.

Andreas Jochens in particular has supplied hundreds of patches.
See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=submitter&data=aj%40andaco.de&archive=no&version=&dist=unstable for a list of outstanding bugs.
Thanks very much Andreas; this is great work.

Is there an automated list of which packages are missing on amd64?

Is there an NMU policy that we could be using to get these fixed?
Some of the patches are 250+ days old, and against packages that
haven't been uploaded in 1-2 years. changelogs.debian.net/<package> is
very useful here; a link from the BTS could be handy.

I recently NMU'd tct, primarily to fix the amd64 ftbfs. This
took about two weeks in all, since I first contacted the maintainer (no
reply) then uploaded to the 7-day delayed queue. In that case there
hadn't been a maintainer upload in over 2 years, else I'd probably have
waited longer.

thanks,
Hamish