Re: frustration at missing packages

Hamish Moffatt schrieb:

> It's frustrating that quite a lot of packages are not available on
> amd64, particularly when it's simply because the maintainer has not
> applied a patch.

Ayay.

> Is there an automated list of which packages are missing on amd64?

http://amd64.debian.net/docs/package_changes.txt lists whats missing in
sarge due to this.

> Is there an NMU policy that we could be using to get these fixed?

Nope.
Until amd64 isnt on ftp-master.debian.org there is no way to force the
maintainers to apply a patch.
Its fucking silly from them to not include them, as its clear that amd64
is RC for etch, but well...

Also for sarge there is sarge-unsupported, containing sarge-sources with
the patches needed for amd64. As name says - unsupported. Talk to fs if
you want something there.

--
bye Joerg