Re: Motherboard Report: Gigabyte GA-7A8DW

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 08:55:10AM +0800, Thomas Peng ????????? wrote:
> My system use
> BOARD  Gigabyte GA-7A8DW
> Opteron 242 CPU X2
> RAM   512 x2
> AGP   NVIDIA
> SCSI CARD ADAPTEC 29320LP (pci-x)
> SCSI HDD Segate 36g
>
> My HDD is 68pin connector, scsi card is Adaptec 29320LP.
> I tested many linux distributions last night, I successful installed
> SUSE Linux 9.2 on my system, it base on kernel 2.6.8.
> I did a test yesterday, I changed my scsi card from pci-x slot to normal
> pci slot and install Debian on my machine successfully, no boot loader
> install error or starting system error.
> I guess that there is some problem on amd 8131 northbridge chipset, it
> control the pci-x bus.

Sounds weird.  I wonder if you upgraded to 2.6.11 or 2.6.12 using the
package from sid if it would then work with the card in a pci-x slot.
If it stil doesn't it might be time for a bug report.

Nice that you found a solution though (and not one I think I would have
considered trying),