Re: Motherboard Report: Gigabyte GA-7A8DW

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 02:26:46PM +0800, ??? ?????? wrote:
> Hello,
> I use that iso image you told me, but I still got the problem "lilo
> installation failed" Running"/sbin/lilo" failed with error code "1" when I
> install lilo boot loader, and I try to use grub, and still not work. The
> system show fatal error......
> Thanks for you help, and I'll keep on to try Debian on x86_64 or x86
> machine, or maybe I should try it on x86 first!!

What kind of disks do you have in the system and on what controllers?

it is very unusual for lilo and grub to fail to install.  That usually
only happens when using a weird raid controller that uses unusual device
names that lilo and grub can't map to bios names automatically.