WLAN Inprocomm ipn2220 - endless story

Hello,

now I made some progress, to get wlan running on AMD64.
First I downloaded ndiswrapper-source and ndiswrapper-utils. Compiling the
source went fine.
Then I downloaded the IPN2220-driver for 64-bit from the acer site, I could
now load the driver with ndiswrapper.
Caution: The ndiswrapper loads i2220nti.sys (this is for Intel IA64), but
i2220nta.sys is needed ! After installation and done a ndiswrapper -m ,
just change the file in /etc/ndiswrapper/neti2220/ from i2220nti.sys to
i2220nta.sys.

So far, so well ! But still I cannot get a connection. This is, what it says:

  Installed ndis drivers:
neti2220        driver present, hardware present

O.k., driver is loaded ! Good !

This is my entry in /etc/network/interfaces

iface eth1 inet dhcp
       wireless_essid mypassword
       wireless_mode Mananged
       wireless_key1 mykey
       wireless_keymode restricted
       wireless_defaultkey 1
       wireless_channel 6

This is the output, I get, when starting eth1 (same, when I change eth1 to
wlan0)

/etc/init.d/networking restart
Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.
Reconfiguring network interfaces...ifup: interface lo already configured
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.
Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.
Failed to bring up eth1.

Any clue ? Does this mean, the driver is not loaded, or do I have a
configuration error ?

Best regards,

Hans