Re: Acer Turion laptops

On 8/17/05, Frederik Schueler <fs@lowpingbastards.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> a short update on the acer wmli5024:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 12:09:51PM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> > ACPI is a mess (no battery status! (great for a laptop) nor thermal,
> > only AC and buttons)
> battery status works with and the latest acpi patch found at
> http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/patches/release/2.6.12/acpi-20050729-2.6.12.patch.bz2
> and temperatures too.

Did you also managed to have suspend to work? I have naively enabled
it from the Kde Control Center > Laptop battery > Power Control
window; but I couldn't wake up the laptop from the suspend state, the
screen stays off and I am forced to

> > the touchpad is only recognised after rmmodding and modprobing psmouse
> > again
> problem still present.

I have found a workaround to this issue removing the psmouse entry
from /etc/modules and creating  a small init.d script
#! /bin/sh
# synaptics     Load the psmouse module

modprobe psmouse
and then linking it in the rc runlevels with number 90, so that the
module is loaded at the very end of the boot process.

I would like to ask if you have found a solution for the Broadcom
wireless card: with
ndiswrapper and the 64bit winxp drivers the card is recognized, but I
cannot turn the radio on since the wifi  button in the front of the
laptop has no effect in Linux.