Re: Acer Turion laptops

On 8/17/05, Frederik Schueler <fs@lowpingbastards.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a short update on the acer wmli5024:
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 12:09:51PM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> > ACPI is a mess (no battery status! (great for a laptop) nor thermal,
> > only AC and buttons)
>
> battery status works with 2.6.12.5 and the latest acpi patch found at
> http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/patches/release/2.6.12/acpi-20050729-2.6.12.patch.bz2
>
> and temperatures too.

Did you also managed to have suspend to work? I have naively enabled
it from the Kde Control Center > Laptop battery > Power Control
window; but I couldn't wake up the laptop from the suspend state, the
screen stays off and I am forced to

> > the touchpad is only recognised after rmmodding and modprobing psmouse
> > again
>
> problem still present.

I have found a workaround to this issue removing the psmouse entry
from /etc/modules and creating  a small init.d script
------------
#! /bin/sh
#
# synaptics     Load the psmouse module
#

modprobe psmouse
and then linking it in the rc runlevels with number 90, so that the
module is loaded at the very end of the boot process.

I would like to ask if you have found a solution for the Broadcom
wireless card: with
ndiswrapper and the 64bit winxp drivers the card is recognized, but I
cannot turn the radio on since the wifi  button in the front of the
laptop has no effect in Linux.