Re: Appropriate arch/kernel for a Dell Precision 380?

On 7/28/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 01:32:28PM -0700, Meistro Master wrote:
> > Hmmm... well so far I can't even get the installer to work. It hangs
> > on the language selection screen (I tried the Ubuntu AMD64 port as
> > well, and it, not surprisingly, hangs at the same point).
> >
> > I've tried just about every combination of boot parameters, with no
> > luck. Should I just be using the i386 installer and go with a EM64T
> > kernel instead?
>
> Is the keyboard ps2 or usb?  I wonder if there is something causing a
> keyboard problem (like a broken bios or something).
>
> Did you use the amd64 sarge install cd or one of the unofficial ones, or
> the testing/unstable install cd?
>
> Len Sorensen

What's weird is that the keyboard works fine initially, because I can
select the boot parameters and so forth. I am using the installer from

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/sarge-amd64/iso-cd/debian-31r0a-amd64-binary-1.iso

I do have two SATA hard drives; perhaps I need a newer boot kernel?
Reading through the list archives it sounds like people have had some
issues with SATA pre-2.6.12.

Are there snapshots in .ISO form? Thanks for your help, Len!