Re: amd64 sarge installation cds with 2.6.12

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 11:24:18AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> apt-get install debian-cd
>
> I configure the CONF.sh for normal CD builds, setting the path and
> such and then override a few things for netinst (see below):
>
> Building is then done with
>
> export CF=./CONF-netinst.sh
> ./build.sh
>

> You probably have to build for etch and change the D-I task file for
> the new kernel though.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin
> % cat CONF-netinst.sh
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # extra setting for a netinst CD
>
> . ./CONF.sh
>
> export NORECOMMENDS=1
> export NOSUGGESTS=1
> export COMPLETE=0
> # businesscard image
> #export INSTALLER_CD=1
> #export TASK=tasks/debian-installer-sarge
> # netinst image
> export INSTALLER_CD=2
> export TASK=tasks/debian-installer+kernel-sarge
> export DOJIGDO=0
> export DI=sarge
> export DI_DIST=sarge
> export IMAGETARGET=bin-official_images
> export SKIPMIRRORCHECK=yes

Unfortunately you also need to somehow get the new kernel into the d-i
part, which requires a few other steps using other packages/sources.
Updating the packages on the cd is actually the easy part (and just
replacing the files and updating Packages.gz from an existing netinst cd
is much easier than figuring out all the settings in debian-cd, and much
faster too I find).