Re: AMD 64 Stability on Asus A8v Deluxe

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:25:55PM +0200, Matthias Wenthe wrote:
> I  recently set up a new machine as a mail server for our company
> (aprox. 1000 Users with 60 GByte Traffic/month). Hardware as follows
>
> Asus A8V Deluxe Mainboard,
> nVidia graphic card (NV5M64 [RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro],
> 2 Infineon 1 GByte DDR-RAM,  PC 3200
> 2x 300 GByte Seagate ATA HDs with kernel software raid 1
> 1x Promise FastTrak TX2000 with 1x Maxtor 4A250J0 250 GByte as Backup HD

Well I have an A8V Deluxe here and it is running flawlessly.  I run the
2.6.11 amd64 kernel with a 32bit sarge install, and 64bit in chroot.
I haven't bothered compiling my own kernels in a while given the debian
2.6 kernels have always worked perfectly for me.  I do know I would
need to use the chroot with 64bit env to compile the kernel with amd64
enabled though.

The system has been very stable though.

Asus A8V
Athlon64 3500
2*512M kingston PC3200
2*250GB WD SATA drives connected to the via controllers (never bothered
to find a driver for the promise)
PX716A dvd writer
GF5200 video

I did run pure64 on it initially while burning in and to play with it,
and that worked perfectly too.