Re: Downloading DVD .ISO's

On 20 Jul 2005, Justin Grindal wrote:
> Quick question -
>
> I've been trying to download the DVD .ISO's from
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/sarge-amd64/iso-dvd/
>
> and, instead of getting the 4.0 and 3.4 GB ISO's, mine only wind up
> being an even 2GB.  Obviously, when they're done, the md5sum's don't
> line up, and the images don't work.  I tried downloading them using my
> WinXP box (first try was on FC3 box) and I only read them as 387 meg
> downloads.  Any advice on how I can get the whole ISO?

	I'm surprised cdimage.debian.org is even serving those
files properly.  I didn't think Apache (<2.1 anyway) would serve
out large files.  At least my experience with 2.0.x would suggest
otherwise.

	From my own experience, curl is one of the few cross
platform utilities which will handle large files.  I've gone as
far as installing Cygwin on Windows machines just to make this
work as 32-bit IE and Firefox wouldn't handle it.

	And on the server side, I've started using Cherokee
exactly because it supports large files properly.  I was humored
to see that the recent Apache 2.1 development branch finally
added proper large file support.  But again, I'm surprised
cdimage.debian.org is handling these files correctly (if in fact
it even is).

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
4475 Carter Creek Parkway                           nipsy@bitgnome.net

---begin random quote of the moment---
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently
advanced.
----end random quote of the moment----