Re: Downloading DVD .ISO's

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Mark Nipper wrote:

On 20 Jul 2005, Justin Grindal wrote:
Quick question -

I've been trying to download the DVD .ISO's from

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/sarge-amd64/iso-dvd/

and, instead of getting the 4.0 and 3.4 GB ISO's, mine only wind up
being an even 2GB.  Obviously, when they're done, the md5sum's don't
line up, and the images don't work.  I tried downloading them using my
WinXP box (first try was on FC3 box) and I only read them as 387 meg
downloads.  Any advice on how I can get the whole ISO?

	I'm surprised cdimage.debian.org is even serving those
files properly.  I didn't think Apache (<2.1 anyway) would serve
out large files.  At least my experience with 2.0.x would suggest
otherwise.

It is a simple edit to the debian/rules file to fix the compile option for LFS in the source package, then just rebuild. The same goes for 1.3 really, but I'm not sure it is a quite as obvious edit to debian/rules.

I'm running a 32-bit OS on it, which actually proved more stable because the LFS support on 64-bit apache seemed buggy (I was too stressed out with the release to properly investigate and submit a bug though). That's the reason why the http offloaders for the i386 stuff ran apache 1.3, not 2.0.

/Mattias Wadenstein