Re: SATA RAID5 adaptor other than 3ware? Thanks alot!

Ok, thanks to all you guys, I have found the new LSI MegaRAID 300-8x to fit my
needs most closely. They are becoming available now and I have enough time to
validate one in another soon-to-arrive GX28. It has the connectors on the
back side, but it's short enough and it seems to be a decent performer
(judging from the Areca card http://www.tweakers.net/reviews/557 which uses
the same XOR hardware - I don't trust the Areca hardware though (fan) and
have very good experiences with LSI for years now).
Unfortunately the MegaRAID 300-4x doesn't seem to be out yet but the price
difference is a minor issue. Nice feat is support of NCQ btw, got four NCQ
disks on my desk already :-)

      Sönke

Am Dienstag, 19. Juli 2005 12:15 schrieb Stefan Lüthje:
> The driver show all disks as SCSI-Disks, also the SATA-Disks.

Yeah, I confused that with the newer libata drivers (which also add SCSI
devices and reside in drivers/scsi/) which are for 'passive' adaptors only of
course. :-/