Re: Almost there

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 01:58 pm, Gary Hodges wrote:
<snip> ...
> Oh, last week I did install Ubuntu on the machine and the Plextor SATA
> drive was found and worked fine, so I'm guessing I'll be able to get
> that to work with a little experimentation.
>
> Thanks much to everyone who took the time to respond to my posts on
> this.  I hope what I've outlined above will help someone else with this
> or similar hardware.
>
> Cheers,
> Gary

Congratulations! I'm glad I could be of some small help. Enough people have
helped me over the years.

By the way, my first AMD64 install was to a system with SATA drives only and
the installer didn't support SATA drives. I lost count of how many
installations I tried & the hoops that I had to jump through before I finally
had a working system! Aren't computers grand? ;-)

cmr
--
Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----