Re: Almost there

A J Stiles wrote:

There seem to be many reports on this list of people having problems with the grub bootloader. Is there a good reason for using grub instead of lilo, or is it just "trendy" ?

I would have been happy to use LILO but I could never get LILO to install. I forget the error exactly, but it was something like "needs to install on a partition of a drive. No partition found." I tried installing on a floppy, the MBR and other partitions. Always got the same error. Grub would install so I went with that.

Gary