Re: Searching for app availability before install

On Tue July 19 2005 10:03 am, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a new amd 64 based system and want to be able to check to
> see if my favorite apps are available prior to installing a 64 bit
> Debian system (Kanotix 64) -- if they are not then I will probably
> install a regular 32 bit system for just now.
>
> How can I check prior to the install?

Check this page, and select the amd64 archetecture and see.

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages.en-gb.html#search_packages

AFAIK, about 97% of the 32bit debian packages are available for amd64 and the
rest are being worked on. There are only two packages I have missed (lha and
cdrdao).