Re: Searching for app availability before install

Nigel,

I think it's safe to say that almost all of the apps that are listed in the
Debian package database are available for the AMD64 architecture, but there
are some that can not be built for one reason or another. This link will
point you to the packages file for the AMD64 version of Sarge:

http://amd64.debian.net/debian-amd64/dists/sarge/main/binary-amd64/Packages

I seem to recall that there is a list of the packages that can not be built,
somewhere, but I don't recall where.

HTH's!

cmr

--
Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----