Re: Almost there

On 7/19/05, A J Stiles <deb64@earthshod.co.uk> wrote:
There seem to be many reports on this list of people having problems with the
grub bootloader.  Is there a good reason for using grub instead of lilo, or
is it just "trendy" ?

I use grub since years now and did not have any issues at all with it. I find it much more comfortable to simply edit the menu.lst on changes, e.g. updated kernels, and having easy-to-configure fallback boot environments in the menu.lst.
Grub is also very handy when you need to change your boot configuration from the outside, e.g. from a Knoppix or chrooted system.
Of course you need to know what you are doing, like with all bootloaders, but at least for me grub is more than just trendy (compared to lilo).

--
Best regards / Mit den besten Grüssen
Sven Krahn