Re: The new ia32-libs some questions

Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> writes:

> Hi Goswin,
>
> I installed as suggested your new package amd64-archive_0.2_amd64.deb.
>
> Question:
>
> Are the packages debian-keyring and reprero needed ?
>
> I read somwhrere, debian-keyring should no be used.

I need the ftpmaster 2005 archive key from
/usr/share/keyrings/debian-role-keys.gpg for reprepro to verify
downloads. I could copy the relevant key directly into the source
package though.

Do you have any pointer to why debian-keyring shouldn't be used?

As for reprepro you need that to drive the archive itself. You only
need it on one host though and can export the created archive to all
other hosts (if you have more).

> Question:
>
> In sources.list i added this entry:
>

> # Goswins
> # deb http://amd64.debian.net/~goswin/amd64-archive/ ./
> deb file:///var/lib/amd64-archive sid main contrib non-free
> # deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/
>
> I am running sid. Is this entry correct ?

yes.

> Question:
>
> I have installed ia32-libs in earlier days. Do I have to unintall them. When
> installing amd64-archive, no dependency errors were shown.
>
> Question:
>
> You said, the new package is much easier to maintain, as it is smaller. You
> said further, that it should now be possible, to install openoffice.org.
> Well, I ran Openoffice.org, just before your package. But, I cannot update
> openoffice.org, as there are dependency because of version mismatch. With the
> new packages, so I understood, this should be fixed. Am I right ?

The OOo in sid has slightly different depends so 2 libs are still
missing there. I'm fixing this hopefully tonight. Just need to add the
names to packages.list and test.

> Question:
>
> It seems to me, that you are the only one, who maintains Debian-AMD64. Is this
> right ?

Not at all. Frederik Schueler and Kurt Roeckx are doing most of the
buildd work currently and Joerg Jaspert and Andreas Barth are
responsible for the archive itself and others pitch in here and there
too, just like me.

> Best regards, and thanks for the work !!!!
>
> Hans

MfG
        Goswin