x.org, radeon and transparency

Hi,

Now x.org is in Debian, I wanted ti test transparency.

My config:
Athon 64 3500+, 1Gb DDR, Twin Channel
Radeon 9250

With the free driver (radeon, included in x.org), performances render the system unusable. It needs 30 seconds to move a windows from one side of the screen to the other.

I decided to test fglrx.
After some tweak with Flavio packages (the kernel doesnt compile with gcc 4 and flavio module check gcc with gcc -dumpversion).

Then When I start the X system, I get the dri disabled.

If I try transparency with fglrx (and dri disabled), the performances are as ppor as with the free driver with some artefacts in the display.

regards

Jean-Luc