Re: ati driver

Tobias Krais wrote:

> Hi <name-missing>,
>
>> I have some sogtweare here that complains
>> 'Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".'
>> On startup.  The documentation suggests a later driver.  How do I
>> install this, or should I look to the ati website?
>
> Google is your friend: ATI Linux driver.
>
> Result: http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/debian/fglrx-installer.html
>
> Greetings Tobias

But be carefull! The ATI driver is really messy. I spent two weeks trying to
get this this driver running. No chance but only cryptic error messages.

If you don't need 3d acceleration and don't have problems with videos you
propably won't even need the fglrx driver. For me the standard ati driver
is just fine.

greets
Alexander