Re: Using 4GB with amd64 - problems with NVidia graphics kernel driver

Hi,

El sáb, 09-07-2005 a las 20:27 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow escribió:
> "Dr.techn. Alexander K. Seewald" <alex@seewald.at> writes:
>
> > * Somebody should really go and compile Xvnc (vncserver) for the apt
> >   servers. Minimal patches are needed to make it work with XFree86
> >   4.3.0 (i.e. you have to add -fPIC everywhere :->), but it took me
> >   almost a day to get it right. I used VNC 4.1.1, but earlier
> >   versions are probably ok as well (>=4.0) from what I saw on the
> >   web.
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/vnc.html
> Last version 	3.3.7-7
>
> You have to file a wishlist bug against vnc to upgrade to a newer
> upstream version.

Don't bother unless you have a patch. There are quite a few reports
already filed, check the BTS for the maintainer's responses. In short,
he'd like to package the latest version, but he hasn't yet, and he
doesn't want to ship the VNC client on AMD64 because the VNC server
(4.0.0) doesn't work in that platform (go figure! I asked him to please
ship the client anyway, but it's his call). It's trivial to compile the
Debian package on AMD64 with Andreas' patch (once again, see BTS), and
you'll be fine as long as you online need the client.

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802