Re: multiarch/bi-arch status (ETA) question

On 7/8/05, Miroslav Maiksnar <ml@mixi.cz> wrote:
> Wouldn't be better have /usr/share/doc/<package>/<arch-os>/ directories? No
> files will be overlapping and all libs will have it's own copyright and
> README files (which may differ between different arch-os combinations).

No, I don't think so. The idea of /usr/share is that it does not
depend on the architecture. If a README is architecture specific, it
should be called README.<architecture>. It can be included for all
packages, or just for the specific architecture.

Otherwise we end up splitting all directory, and then we could just as
well use a chroot environment :-)

Thomas