Re: SCSI I2O Driver on ISO's?

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 09:41:21AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:33:55AM +0200, Eduardo wrote:
> > is there any ISO with support for i2o SCSI? Netinstall hasn't support for this
> > driver.
>
> Isn't i2o a system used by many scsi controllers?

Not at all.

>  Which one in
> particular?

>From linux-2.6.12.2/drivers/message/i2o/Kconfig :

    The Intelligent Input/Output (I2O) architecture allows hardware
    drivers to be split into two parts: an operating system specific
    module called the OSM and an hardware specific module called the
    HDM. The OSM can talk to a whole range of HDM's, and ideally the
    HDM's are not OS dependent. This allows for the same HDM driver to
    be used under different operating systems if the relevant OSM is in
    place. In order for this to work, you need to have an I2O interface
    adapter card in your computer. This card contains a special I/O
    processor (IOP), thus allowing high speeds since the CPU does not
    have to deal with I/O.

There's only one I2O scsi driver that is able to handle all I2O scsi
cards.

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --