Re: Debian/Ubuntu/Redhat which is better for heavy duty computations?

I can backup Thomas that debian is typically a version behind BUT
rockstable like nothing else.

Ubuntu seems faster, but (unfortuntaley) their packages are not always
compatible with debian ones. They make their own package versions (same
like Suse/Novell, Redhat etc.). That might not be an issue for you, for me
that was a concern. F.e their Python version is not compatible with the
debian one.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo / Japan