which box?

Hi list

I am in the process of picking a new webserver. Because all my other boxes already run Debian, the new box has to run it too. The mcahine in question is going to handle lots of big binary downloads via apache2 and php5. The current P4 chokes sometimes so I am looking for more horsepower, and considering a dual Opteron now.

My question to the pro's is: would you recommend running a production server with amd64-sarge?

If so, does anybody have some hardware recommendations? My local hardware vendor was raving about a Tyan Thunder K8SE but would like some specific information for Debian/Sarge...

Thanks!

--
 *    ***     Dick Visser         TIENHUIS Networking
**   *   *    Touwbaan 68             P: +31206843731