Re: SATA II support, MSI K8T Neo2-FIR

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 01:40:35PM -0700, Attila Kocsis wrote:
> Does anybody know whether SATA II is suppported in
> Debia AMD-64?
>
> I'm planning to buy this motherboard: MSI K8T
> Neo2-FIR, and on their home page it reads: SATA
> 150MB/s with extensions (SATA II Phase I).
> I'm not quite sure if it means, that this board can
> handle SATA II HDD, either.

SATA II drives should work fine on any SATA controller.  They are meant
to be compatible just like IDE always was (except when IDE ran out of
bits in the LBA addressing, then new large drives required a controller
that could speak the new LBA protocol, but older disks worked on newer
controllers, and new drives worked on old controllers although maybe
limited in size).

> Any experience with this board?

Not me.  I'm an Asus guy.