Re: Successful install, but no boot

Hi
   Some time ago I had to redo a boot record on a i386 (shouldn't be much
difference). I booted the machine from the debian install cd but stopped the
installation as soon as I got the shell working. Then I could mount the hard
disk somewhere deep into the file hierarchy (/dev/???/???/???/???) and run
grub there to install it on the master boot record. If you get so far you
should also be able to start the grub shell and then you can type in the four
lines from menu.lst that are needed to start the machine. You can also make a
grub floppy if that helps.
Hope it helps

/Gudjon

Þann Miðvikudagur 15. júní 2005 09:42 skrifaði J.A. de Vries: