Re: Installing Oracle?

Thomas Steffen wrote:

>Did anyone succeed in installing the "free" Oracle version? I tried
>it, but it first said that the distribution is not supported (how does
>it test for the distribution?), and then it seemed to fail with
>"unknown locale", which is probably related to some issues with
>ia32-libs. Certainly the install program is ia32, which seems odd for
>an amd64 package...
>Any ideas, apart from digging around in the ia32-libs? I may try the
>ia32 version in chroot, but for a database that would be kind of
Which version did you try? Free? I've never seen it! Maybe you can try
Oracle 10 that is the first release being distributed for x86_64

Alessandro Dal Grande
Student In The University Of Padua - Computer Science
Linux Registered User #359258
System: GNU/Linux Debian Sid Pure64 on K8@3200
Kernel: 2.6.8-11-amd64-k8
Mail: Thunderbird