Re: broken libnss-ldap

 Le 20 May vers 17:24, Stephen Frost écrivait:
> * Cyril Chaboisseau (cyril.chaboisseau@free.fr) wrote:
> > ...so I tried to recompile libnss-ldap version 238-1 linking with ldap_r
> > but it didn't work either
> >
> > so I went back to libnss-ldap version 220-1 (which dates back to August
> > 2004) and everything went fine again !
> >
> > it could help me to report the bug in debian (weither it is a bug
> > related to amd64 or not, this is yet another question...)
> >
> > I don't know how to trigger the bug in Perl (it really seems perl is the
> > culprit here)
>
> Wait a minute.  With the *latest* libldap2 and libnss-ldap 220-1, it
> *works*?

yes indeed !

actually it always works when I get back to libnss-ldap 220-1
(even before when I was using 2.1.30-6)

> Could you please confirm that?  If that's the case and the
> only thing changing is libnss-ldap, then it may be an issue with
> libnss-ldap itself somehow...

absolutely !

now the only problem is that I can't really simplify the problem with
Perl !
(I don't really think it's wml's fault)

on top of that, I don't know if it's only on amd64 or if other archs are
concerned

maybe I should still try to report the bug and see what comes out but
given the freeze and willingness to nail all the bugs down, I feel a
little bit guilty to send that one with so little information !

--
	Cyril Chaboisseau