glx for ia32 applications does not work

Hello,

I've no problems starting 64bit glx applications like glxgears, but
starting glxgears in ia32 chroot I get a "Segmentation fault".
Starting doom3 in ia32 chroot I get the following error:

[...]
----- Initializing Sound System ------
sound system initialized.
--------------------------------------
----- R_InitOpenGL -----
Setup X display connection
dlopen(libGL.so.1)
Initializing OpenGL display
Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
DGA DirectVideo Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
Free86-VidModeExtension Activated at 1280x1024
Using 8/8/8 Color bits, 8 Alpha bits, 24 depth, 8 stencil display.
signal caught: Segmentation fault
si_code 1
Trying to exit gracefully..
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Fatal X Error:
  Major opcode of failed request: 105
  Minor opcode of failed request: 0
  Serial number of failed request: 42
BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

The homepage of idsoftware sais:
"There are no amd64 builds planned at this time. However the 32 bit
binaries will run in a native amd64 environement."

But with native 64bit debian I get the same error.
My chroot is a complete debian 32 bit system where I've got no problems.

I have installed nvidia-glx, nvidia-glx-ia32 and nvidia-kernel* and I'm
running a kernel (2.6.11.7) with enabled ia32_emulation.
So what's the problem?

Thanks & regards,
Alexander