Re: Asus A8V Deluxe, Xfree display problems with BIOS 1011

Le 09.05.2005 20:55:17, Joerg Rossdeutscher a écrit :
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 04.05.2005, 15:41 +0000 schrieb Jean-Luc Coulon
(f5ibh):

> I've asked Asus support, the reply (In French) is that "they have no

> UNIX/linux support for the moment, sorry for the inconvenient".

I've also contacted Asus.
The answer I got today is... bizzare:

> Dear Friend :
> Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
> My name is ########  and I would be assisting you today
>
> Sir, What's the motherboard do you have ? A8V deluxe ? K8V deluxe ?
or
> K8V ? do you have use other motherboard bios (eg , k8v deluxe) to
> update A8V deluxe . Thanks a lot for your information . by the way ,
> you don't use other motherboard bios to update this motherboard . Or
> it will kill your bios chipset .
>
> And if your bios chipset is corrupt ,the main boot block of bios is
> damaged ,
>
> so you can not re-flash it back because the system won't boot .
>
> if you have a eeprom programmer you can use it to write bios chip
> back ;
>
> If you have another ASUS board( same type and same PCB version) ,you
> can use "hot-swap" method to write bios back .
>

> if above 2 ways are all impossible ,you need contact your mother
board
> dealer to send this faulty board to! repaired .
>

> Best regards !

Crazy.

The problem is: Their bios breaks the nvidia drivers. And these guy
tells me something about broken eeproms and flashing the wrong bios.

Yes really crazy.
Some guys do "hot swap" of EEPROM from one motherboard to an other one when they have broken the BIOS in such a way they can't flash it back.

I've read some guys doing so from one motherbord to an other model. It seeems to work but you ahve to keep the motherboard powered while doing so and the EEPROM have to be the same model.

In your case, probably you got the answer for the question of an other guy...

Rated zero.
Of course

Bye,
Ratti