Re: question

Per Lundberg kiedys napisal:

> On Windows, both works fine. At first, only the one that does not work
> with Linux worked, which meant I had to swap the ethernet cable every
> time I rebooted between Windows and Linux. :-) Now I have both working
> in Windows though, after installing nForce4 drivers from nvidia.com.
I have nForce 3 250 chipset for now and I really have no idea what nForce
Network Adapter it is. Probably a kind of Marvell (and I use forcedeth for
it). Also as a secondary there is Marvell Yukon which works fine with
sk98lin. While using sk98lin it sees only Yukon.
The strange thing is that most Marvell's used with nForce can be run with
sk98lin but there is a group of a few adapters which can work only with
forcedeth or original nForce drivers.
As i see there could be an explanation for it. Promary adapter is
communicating with OS via chipset while secondary isn't (that is on nForce
scheme's). So the explanation is that primary adapter is driven by chipset
intarface which is working with forcedeth (and that interface is the same
or almost the same for every nForce2/3/4 chipset).
It everything is on net (pictures describing my nForce3 architecture are in
manual for my motherboard). The conclusion is that when you are trying to
get help for Marvell you must write if it is secondary or primary adapter
on you mobo.
Of course there is an issue that some secondary Marvell adapters works with
forcedeth whil should with sk98lin. And tah thing is strange
--
Registered Linux User 369908