Re: Asus A8V Deluxe, Xfree display problems with BIOS 1011

Le 06.05.2005 20:27:53, Joerg Rossdeutscher a écrit :
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 06.05.2005, 09:34 -0400 schrieb Lennart Sorensen:
> Upgrading is for fixing problems.

I do not agree with you. That may have been that way in the 90s, when
Bios was "a program that boots your OS". Nowadays technology is moving
very fast, and I want to use modern features like powermanagement,
Firewire, Instant-On, ... This machine is not a server, it's my
fun-at-home-computer. If the bios breaks - it's not a big deal.
Asus-bords can flash a new Bios at boot-time directly from a 3,5"-disk

And even without a floppy : if you have the 18V.ROM file on a CD, you can use EZ6Flash from the CD. Juste type <Alt>F2 and wait 3 seconds for the timout finding the floppy (I've no floppy on this machine), it will look then at the CD.

without needing any OS or software, and they can fallback on an
emergency-Bios in case of problems. So I install any Bios-Upgrade
immediately.

When I boot into linux, some of the modules ouptput "unhappy" messages
about the hardware ("...implementation of blabla is broken, tell your
vendor to fix, get an update..."), and I think this is also meant
seriously by the authors.

Bye,
Ratti

Jean-Luc