Asus A8V Deluxe, Xfree display problems with BIOS 1011

Hi guys,

I've an ASUS A8V Deluxe with an ASUS A9250T/D video card.
I've just updated my BIOS from 1009 to 1011.

After this update, the machine boot fine and the display works in cosole mode but while swtiching to X when gdm starts, I get a black screen with only the cursor image in white.

The machine is still alive and I can access it via ssh. But I cannot even swith to a console and try a "blind reboot" with <Alt><Ctrl><Fn> and then log in. I cannot kill the X server with <Alt><Ctrl><Backspace>.

If I boot the machine using Ubuntu live CD, it works.
If then I reboot (not power off the box) the system, then my normal Debian system works.

I've reverted to BIOS revison 1009 and this fix the problem.

I've asked Asus support, the reply (In French) is that "they have no UNIX/linux support for the moment, sorry for the inconvenient".

Do you havea any idea of what can be the cause of this problem ?

I use the free Xfree86 driver "radeon".
The display is an IBM P200, 20" tested at various resolutions.

Jean-Luc