Re: Asus A8V Deluxe, Xfree display problems with BIOS 1011

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 06.05.2005, 09:34 -0400 schrieb Lennart Sorensen:
> Upgrading is for fixing problems.

I do not agree with you. That may have been that way in the 90s, when a
Bios was "a program that boots your OS". Nowadays technology is moving
very fast, and I want to use modern features like powermanagement,
Firewire, Instant-On, ... This machine is not a server, it's my
fun-at-home-computer. If the bios breaks - it's not a big deal.
Asus-bords can flash a new Bios at boot-time directly from a 3,5"-disk
without needing any OS or software, and they can fallback on an
emergency-Bios in case of problems. So I install any Bios-Upgrade
immediately.

When I boot into linux, some of the modules ouptput "unhappy" messages
about the hardware ("...implementation of blabla is broken, tell your
vendor to fix, get an update..."), and I think this is also meant
seriously by the authors.

Bye,
Ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/