Re: fail build visualboyadvance package with g++-3.4 and -O3

moi 1392 <moi1392@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't think is a problem of libraries, because the build fail at
> compilation time, and not at link or execution time.
> And visualboyadvance link only with one C++ library, libstdc++,
> libstdc++6.0 is provided by défault with g++-3.4
>
> The build works well with -O2 option, I can install the deb and run
> vba. I think is a bug in gcc.
> If someone could confirm to me the bug on his system, i will post a bug in gcc.

Sorry, you are right. If -O2 works it can't be the lib.

Try to make the failing file as small as possible (but still
failing). Save the preprocessed file and again reduce it as much as
possible. That should give you a minimal testcase for the bug.

Save the tempfiles for that source and report the input and tempfiles
as bug against g++-3.4.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: you might want to try g++ 4.0 too to see if the bug is still there.