Re: Question regarding gcc-3.4 archive

On 05-Apr-29 13:23, Alois Zoitl wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> maybe a stupid question but I'm using now gcc-3.4 since a bought my
> amd64 and I'm quite satisfied with it. (use it as normal workstation and
> for me its stable)
>
> As I tried the last "apt-get update" two days ago I noticed that there
> are some differences in the source lists. so I took the new lines from
> the how to but it still does not work. It looks like there is now
> debian-pure64-3.4 directory on alioth.
>
> So I looked on the mailing list archive but could not find anything.
> what have I to do to get recent 3.4 packages. Or is it better to switch
> back to pure64.

The gcc-3.4 archive is being replaced by the new gcc4 archive which is
compiled from scratch using the freshly released version of gcc-4.0.

The gcc4 archive will be available soon as

deb http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4 unstable main contrib non-free

This archive will carry binary packages for amd64 and ppc64.

Due to lack of disk space, the old gcc-3.4 archive had to be removed
before the new packages can be uploaded.

There will be an announcement on this list when the upload has
completed and the new archive can be used.

For current users of the gcc-3.4 archive there will be no special
upgrade procedure necessary. Just changing /etc/apt/sources.list
to the new location will work.

Regards
Andreas Jochens